- Write most days (any fiction counts, 350 words/day).
- Current projects: At the Bitter End / Faster Than Pain.
- Post some fiction/a fragment here at least once a month.
- The new department launches this week and we start taking phone calls. The realization has been creeping up on us with a slow-horror calm that the intranet site containing all the documentation and procedures/processes we need to be able to follow to actually do this job is profoundly lacking (as in, the processes are written for outdated systems or incomplete or entirely missing).
- Other sites have coped with this by creating site-specific policies in order to maintain some facade of continuity, since the department in charge of managing the documentation apparently sucks at and/or is unwilling to do their job. As a vendor site*, we are not allowed the option of doing something similar; we have been advised to follow the existing documentation, even if the existing documentation doesn’t exist.
- I can’t do this.
*Vendor site: a site contracted by the client to represent the client to customers. Client site: a site managed directly by the client to interact with their customers. Vendor sites and client sites generally follow the same procedures but client sites are given authority to act outside of those procedures on a situational basis.