- Write most days. <— FAILED (6/30).
- Daily word count goal 600. <— FAILED (1/30).
- Current project: Bound. <— Mostly FAILED. If I was being a pretentious shit, I would claim I was “conceptualizing” or something like that. Basically, I’ve been spending a lot of time thinking about how this all needs to work.
If I’m being honest, I’m afraid of doing it wrong. Because Bound is a very “me” story and I don’t want to fuck it up.
Even though doing it wrong is kind of inevitable, that’s what first drafts are for.
And even though a lot of what a first novel is, is learning how to write a novel.
(I find it kinda funny that knowing these things doesn’t help: I’m still just as paralyzed and unable to write as anyone else who isn’t half as overly-analytical. Wtf?)
One good thing that has to do with Bound: I had an insight about this story, a really perfect line that is so tragic and awful and reframes the whole thing so perfectly that I have to include it because it is suddenly the entire point. I love when that happens.
Real Life News:
- Sucking at getting a job.
- Sucking and flailing at school.
- I have some seekrit plans for my hair that will happen soon.
- I also have some other seekrit plans for next weekend which will probably result in a photo-collage post or something… it’s gonna be great.