- Whatever the fuck I want. <— I don’t think it’s technically possible to have FAILED that one…
- Try to write something, sometime. <— 6/30days, no fiction. Also not technically possible to have FAILED that one.
I did manage to find an outline method that seems promising enough.
(Those that have been paying attention—or who read my previous post—are saying “But I thought you never use outlines?!” to which I reply, “Yeah, and that’s been working out so well for me…”)
I won’t be using it “as is.” I’m eviscerating and restructuring the basics to suit my purposes but I’m about 900words in on that, which seems good enough to start.
The most useful part of the article was this bit of advice:
Mark Teppo told us that if you get stuck while outlining, often around chapter 12, simply write “sex”. The chapter after that is, “things get worse.” and move on.
because now I know that it isn’t that my characters are sluts, it’s just that they want me to not be miserable with nothing to write about and they’re trying to help. Or something.
And, in Real Life News:
- Job: Got a call-back. I might be a cashier again soon. Money is money and it’s better than nothing. (Clearly, I’m excited.)
- New Mexico: Still a plan.
- School: Also still a plan.
- Hair: Red (because I despised blonde on me).
- Montana: It isn’t supposed to snow in Spring. Also, Whyyyyyy?!